There are also lots of resources for parents on Twinkl for St George’s Day, take a look HERE
The below activities involve cutting thick cardboard so please do supervise children whilst cutting.
Source: English Heritage
2. Cut out your sword with the help of an adult and sellotape the folded sides together
3. Wrap the blade of the sword with tin foil
4. Just below the pommel (the round bit at the top) fold a cut toilet roll around the sword to create a place where you will hold the sword. Tape the toilet roll to hold it in place
5. Next is to make the hilt (the bit that protects your hand!). Cut a rectangle 10cm x 6cm and then ask an adult to cut a slot in the middle of it that is approx 3cm x 1.5cm.
6. Slide the hilt onto the sword and attach it to the toilet roll
7. Paint the handle of the sword and the hilt
We’ve found a couple of ideas from egg carton dragons to origami dragons and clay model dragons
Follow the links and images below:
Egg Carton Dragon – click here for instructions
Origami Dragon – click here for you tube video
Clay Dragon – click here for instructions
We’d love to see photos of the items you create! Share any with us on the Ryedale, Scarborough, Whitby & Filey Mumbler Chat Group.
If you are looking for more things to do during this time, check our Resources for Kids page on the website. Find out more HERE
Copyright 2021 Ryedale MumblerYour Local Parenting Community
Made with by Wonder Media